Monday, February 2, 2009

Easy Bake Crap



So, for Christmas I got Hadley the Easy Bake Oven. I had been waiting for her to be old enough to enjoy this gift. After all, she is obsessed with cooking..she still LOVES to watch the Food Network! And I remember having one as a child and thought it was great. So imagine to my surprise how all you can seem to cook with the Easy Bake is well, crap, specifically chalky crap! Now, I would never tell Hadley this as she loves to use it and eats everything we make with such excitement, and makes those around her eat them. I have to admit I somehow get away with NOT eating it..poor Grandpa at Christmas was subject to a few yummy treats and ate them with a smile! And now..besides Hadley, the only person in the house that seems to enjoy the treats, well, is the dog!!
So..here is an example of the misrepresentation you get when you buy this wonderful Easy Bake Oven. Notice the outcome is no where near what the package represents!!

And yes..that is how they came out of the oven..and no the icing does not melt over the cinnamon rolls but just sits there in a lump.
So..be warned and put your money and energy into something better!!
And yes, even though I feel so strongly about the chalky crap that comes as a result..this is a favorite activity in our house!

1 comments:

Jen said...

Audrey got the princess oven, it cooks with ice instead of a light bulb. The cakes have a jelloish feel to them and they are cold! Gross!