Saturday, August 16, 2008

Fall Classes Now in Place

Hadley's fall classes are now in place! She has been asking to go back to ballet since it ended in May..so she will be doing Ballet at Dance Center Evanston on Saturday mornings! This year she is in the bigger kid class, so in May she will be part of the big end of year recital!! I can't wait!
And then we came into deciding on another event.
Now being a working mom I'm not able to do classes during the week, and since most are on Saturday mornings and we were booked for ballet, it left us with three choices: Ice Skating, Gymnastics, or Sport Class. Well, the Sport Class was $400..umm..I don't think so! The Ice Skating..well, Hadley has always mentioned taking classes, yet when I mention going to the ice skating rink to try and see how she likes it, she backs out. So I am going to wait for Ice Skating until I know she is going to like it and not fall once and refuse to go!! So that may still be coming..it is yet to be seen!
So that left us with Gymnastics! Now, some of you know our history with Hadley's elbow (for those of you who don't it is a blog in itself), but the good news is her elbow seems to be fully healed and she is able to hang and swing all she wants with it..so gymnastics is now an option! I was lucky enough to get her into a Sunday class at Wilmette Gymnastics. I am very excited about this as this is supposed to be one of the best places..so if she really likes it, this will be a good place to start!
Gymnastics starts on August 31st and Ballet on Sept 6th..once we get our outfits I will sure post some pics!