Thursday, May 7, 2009

"When I'm 16"

There are always those things Hadley will want to do that you have to tell her she is just not old enough for, like, chewing gum (yes..I still haven't let her do that!), or ride a two wheeled bike (she needs to practice). Or the things that she really isn't old enough for like.."mom, when will I get to drive?" or "mom, when will I get to stay in the house by myself while you take the dog out?" So she has started answering with..."Maybe when I'm 16." I don't know where the age 16 came from. All I can think of is she overheard me and Jason talking about my nephews who are 16 doing something and that stuck in her head.

So, the other night, Jason is sitting on the couch drinking his beer and Hadley said she was thirsty and asked for a drink..

Daddy: "You can't have a drink of my beer, you're not old enough. You'll have to go get something else."
Hadley: "Yeah, Maybe when I'm 16."
Mommy: "Yeah..Hadley, just maybe."

I mean, what else do you say to that!! The kid is right..maybe when she is 16!

0 comments: