Friday, January 23, 2009

A place to lay our heads

We spent last weekend in Iowa City looking at rentals, well a few rentals. I had been working on finding a place for a few weeks and had a ton of options and with the help of a local realtor we were able to narrow down to just a few. We saw two places we loved that weekend. One was a 4yr old duplex in Coralville. It was AMAZING, but too big for us. We wouldn't be able to furnish even the upstairs, plus we would have to get another car which would push our budget. Next was a smaller house that was in Iowa City and only 1/2 mile from the hospital and 3/4 mile from the school I wanted Hadley at. Since it is so close to the hospital it meant we didn't have to get another car! So we have completed the application, have the lease ready to sign and fax in and then we will have a place to lay our heads once we get to Iowa City!!
I do have to say I am excited about having a house, we have been attached to others for the last 4 yrs. I am also very excited about having a yard, large area for Hadley to ride her bike, a great deck, and enough room to have people come stay with us and actually have their own room and bath!No more sleeping on the pull out couch!!
And I am so glad to get one thing marked off my ever growing to do list!!

0 comments: