Saturday, July 12, 2008

Books Worth Reading

I still love to read..always have. And I admit one of my favorite reads is parenting magazines..Parenting, Parents, Cookies..but I have also found some great parenting books I thought I would share with everyone..esp. those moms reading my blog!


First One: I Was a Really Good Mom Before I Had Kids: Reinventing Modern Motherhood


This book is great!! It really touches on how to lose the "supermom" need and become the parent for today and in your own life. Granted I still try and be "supermom" everyday..but this book helped me feel justified for those times where it just didn't happen!




This is the book I am currently reading and I love it! It talks about everything from the importance of your role as a mother through all ages, the cultural influence, and goes from birth to adulthood! I feel this book gives you insight in what is to come and the important issues to start focusing on!


1 comments:

Go Back To JeanneElium.com said...

Dear Stacie,
Thank you so much for your good words about Raising A Daughter. I love your blog--what a great way to reach out to other mothers on this wonderful journey called "Mothering"! Keep up the inspiring work!
Sincerely,
Jeanne Elium, author
Raising A Daughter
www.JeanneElium.com