Sunday, December 7, 2008

A Morning Surprise

Yesterday I was in the bathroom brushing my teeth and Hadley comes in with something behind her back and says:

H: I have a surprise..
M: What?
H: (pulls around an opened christmas gift..yes I said opened..she had unwrapped one)
M: Hadley Sarah Day, did you just open up a christmas gift? Seriously?
H: yes (crying as she can see I was upset)
M: Seroiously? (I was in shock)

So I took the gift and proceeded to the living room hoping not to find all the other gifts unwrapped..nope..only this one.

M: Hadley, if you open up another gift before Christmas I will take them ALL back..
H: I won't Mom..I won't open another one. (still crying)

So I let us both calm down a bit and then we sat and talked about how we don't open gifts until christmas and all... then Hadley looks up at me and says:
"I liked the gift."

Later she asked me, "Mommy, can you rewrap the gift and this time I will open it up on Christmas?"

0 comments: